Makita is one of the most popular power tool brands. Makita manufactures a wide range of products which can be used for gardening, construction, home improvement, metalworking and woodworking. Masaburo Makita founded the “Makita Electric Works” as an “Electric Motor Sales and Repair” Company in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan in 1915.
Makita is the leading power tool company in USA and Europe. Munetoshi Goto is the CEO of Makita. In 2022 Makita’s consolidated revenue was ¥764.7 billion. Among them, 54.8% of revenue is from power tools. Makita is available in approximately 180 countries all over the world.
What is the Mission Statement of the Makita?
The mission statement of Makita is “We are For Those Who Make The World, and we deliver on that purpose by being bold to break the mold, by cutting through challenges, by joining forces for sustainability and being reliable to the core”.
What is the Vision Statement of the Makita?
The vision statement of Makita is “ To become known as one of the world’s leading innovators, continue to deliver top quartile performance and elevate our commitment to corporate social responsibility, where we can be a force for good.”
Who is the CEO of Makita?
Munetoshi Goto has been the CEO of Makita since June 2017. He joined the Makita Company in April 1999, and he directly owns 0.18% of the company’s shares, worth $ 13.84M.
What is the Address and Telephone Number of Makita?
The address of the headquarters of Makita is
- Makita U.S.A. Inc. Corporate Office.,
14930 Northam Street,
- Telephone Number – 1-(714) 522-8088
- Email: [email protected]
- Makita Corporation,
- Telephone Number- +81-566-98-1711
- Email :
How Many Employees Are in the Makita?
Makita has 18,804 employees all over the world for better support and satisfactory customer service.
How Many Countries Is Makita Available?
Makita products are available in over 50 countries. Makita is manufactured in Brazil, China, Japan, Mexico, Romania, the United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, Thailand, Canada, and the United States.
What is the Serial Number of the Makita Company?
The serial number of the Makita is 87283148.
What is the Company Registration Number of the Makita?
The registration number of the Makita is 5483617.
What are the Website and YouTube Channel of the Makita?
- The official website of Makita is https://www.makitatools.com/
- The official youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/makitacorporation
What are the Awards Makita has Won?
Makita has won several awards due to its high-quality products. Below are the Awards and detail of the Makita achieved.
- 2011 OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR AWARD
- 2012 EDITOR’S CHOICE AWARD.
Awarded for 1-1/4HP Compact Router Kit.
- 2017 ‘SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR’ AT APL AWARDS.
- 2018 AICHI ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD.
Awarded for cordless gardening equipment with energy-efficient motors and lithium-ion batteries.
- 2019 TRIO OF AWARDS.
Awarded for Makita’s Cordless Twin 18V (36V) 40mm SDS-MAX Rotary Demolition Hammer.
- 2021 SPHERE 1’S HIGHEST ECHELON AWARD (EMERALD TIER)
Awarded for earning the best overall score on the Sphere 1 Annual Support Card, which ranks 97 suppliers on six individual criteria.
What are the Innovations of the Makita?
Makita has many innovations. That help to improve the performance of power tools and battery technology. Those are below mentioned are a few of them.
- LXT® LITHIUM-ION Makita created the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion cordless tool category in 2005 to exceed the performance and demands of cordless platforms.
- ACTIVE 3 CONTROLS
Makita created Active 3 Controls for the battery and charger to communicate through the built-in chip inside the battery and exchange information to monitor and control current, voltage and temperature.
- ADVANCED AVT®
Makita’s Advanced AVT® enhances the Anti-Vibration Technology.
- SJS® – SUPER JOINT SYSTEM
Makita creat this to prevent motor and gear damage in grinders if the wheel is forced to a stop.
- AUTOMATIC SPEED CHANGE™
Markita creates this technology adjust the speed and torque of the tool for optimal performance.
- XPT™ EXTREME PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY
Makita High-Pressure Technology increases air pressure delivered to pneumatic nailers.
- MM4® 4-STROKE ENGINE
This technology improves the engine’s fuel economy, reduced exhaust, and makes faster, easier starts.
- BIG BORE™
Makita created this technology to increase compressor efficiency, faster recovery, and lower RPM for reduced noise.
- DXT™ DEEP AND EXACT CUTTING TECHNOLOGY
This technology gives Makita miter saws more cutting capacity.
- XTRACT VAC™
Makita creates this for expanding the range of dust collection accessories and attachments for use in drilling, cutting, grinding and planning applications.
- MAX EFFICIENCYThis technology is created to increase the blades’ cutting efficiency and fast.
- IMPACT XPS®
Impact XPS® is Makita’s premier line of bits and fastening accessories. These are designed with higher fitment, torsion zone technology and a unique steel composition for up to 90 times longer performance life than standard bits.
What are the Makita Products?
Makita manufactured a wide range of products. Those products can be categorized mainly as below.
- Cordless Tools: This includes drills, impact drivers, saws, grinders, and more, especially under their 18V LXT® and XGT® lineups.
- Drills & Fastening: Including corded and cordless drills, impact drivers, screwdrivers, and more.
- Concrete: Tools like rotary hammers, hammer drills, concrete saws, and concrete vibrators.
- Metalworking: This encompasses grinders, die grinders, metal cutting saws, and shears.
- Woodworking: Such as planers, plate joiners, routers, sanders, saws, and trimmers.
- Multi-Tool Systems: This includes tools that can take multiple attachments or accessories for varied tasks.
- Pneumatic: Air tools and compressors, including nailers, staplers, and various air-powered tools.
- Outdoor Power Equipment: Products such as chainsaws, blowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, and more.
- Dust Management: Including vacuums, blowers, and related accessories for dust extraction and management.
- Protective Equipment: Safety gear such as work gloves, ear protection, and more.
- Accessories: A vast array of bits, blades, discs, batteries, chargers, and other accessories to complement and extend the use of their tools.
- Other Specialized Tools: Including tools for tile and masonry, cutting (saws), grinding, and more.
- Measuring Tools: Laser distance measures, laser levels, and other related tools.
- Lifestyle Products: Some regions might even see Makita-branded products like coffee makers, fans, radios, and other lifestyle items, particularly designed for job sites.
What are the Warranties and Periods of the Makita?
- All Cordless Skins Li-ion – 5 years ( Limited to purchases that are registered online at makita.co.nz (MyMakita) within 30 days of invoice.) or 3 years (Registered post 30 days or Non-registered purchases, including those prior to 1st January 2020)
- 240V, Pneumatic, Gas, Laser – 2 years
- Petrol-powered products – 2 years
- Batteries Li-Ion – 2 years
- Chargers Li-Ion- 2 years
- Clothing, Accessory Consumables, Drill Chuck, Spare Parts(The spare parts must also have been fitted by an Authorised Service Agent), Tape Measures – 1 year
- Handtools – Limited Lifetime (Limited lifetime warranty does not cover wear and tear, misuse or abuse.)
What are the Safety Features of Makita Tools?
Makita has improved its innovation and research to improve user safety. They have added 3 special safety features to the tools to increase the user’s safety.
- Reduce the Dust Spreading while working – Makita XTRACT VAC™ can reduce dust spreading while working, and it can reduce the maintenance cost in the job site vacuums.
- Anti-rotation and Prevent kickback – Makita ACTIVE FEEDBACK-SENSING TECHNOLOGY (AFT®) and QUICK-SHIFT MODE™ Those have an anti-rotation system and automatic electronic controller to prevent kickback to protect the user.
- Reduce vibrations of the tool – The Makita ADVANCED AVT® , AVT® ANTI-VIBRATION TECHNOLOGY and SJS II™ TECHNOLOGY System reduce vibration felt for the user.
What are the Makita Sustainable Products?
Makita has a “Go Green” concept. Under this concept, they create a “sustainable recycling-oriented society”. That is combined with the environment and the economy. Makita has set up long-term goals to reduce Co2. Already they use lightweight, long-life Li-Ion batteries and continually develop the products as eco-friendly. These are a few of the sustainable products of Makita.
- Makita Lithium-ion eXtreme Technology LXT® has high voltage, high energy density and low self-discharge from the battery.
- ADVANCED AVT® technology provides low-vibration power tools.
- Makita MM4® 4-STROKE ENGINE features high fuel efficiency and clean exhaust emission.
- Makita accepts RoHS Compliance.
- Makita accepts REACH Compliance.
- Makita chargers (ex. DC18RC, DC18SD etc) use less energy than other chargers, so they have qualified for ENERGY STAR CERTIFICATE.
- Makita XTRACT VAC™ Technology is expanding its range of dust collection accessories..
What are the Sponsorships and Partnerships of the Makita?
- Makita is an Official Power Tool Sponsor of Championship Off Road Racing (CORR)
- Makita is a long-term Official Power Tool sponsor of the International Series of Champions (ISOC) .
- Makita is an official power tool sponsor for Red Bull Park and Red Bull Training Grounds.
What are the Makita Patents?
Makita is investing for Researches and Development to improve the condition and efficiency of the tools. Below are the recent patents for the Makita.
|Product||Patent Number||Publication Date||Inventors|
|REBAR TYING TOOL AND REEL||US20230160223A1||2023-05-25||Machida, Yoshitaka|
|ELECTRIC WORK MACHINE AND PRODUCTION METHOD FOR ELECTRIC WORK MACHINE||US20230231457A1||2023-07-20||Kouda, Kei|
|Electric power tool||US11691262B2||2023-07-04||Numata, Fumitoshi|
|Battery pack||US11695182B2||2023-07-04||Naito, Akira; Nagahama, Tatsuya|
|BATTERY CHARGER||US20230208179A1||2023-06-29||Mizutani, Masaya; Okabayashi, Hisakazu|
|Body of an electric grass mower||USD0981453S1||2023-03-21||Misawa, Taiki; Shinoda, Masatoshi|
|Electric working machine capable of determining the type of tip tool||US11641798B2||2023-05-09||Ichikawa, Yoshitaka|
|Electric power tool||US11646639B2||2023-05-09||Aoyama, Kiyoshi|
|Battery mount device||US11641120B2||2023-05-02||Okuoka, Tomokazu; Okumi, Masayoshi; Kato, Takaaki|
|STRIKING TOOL||US20230026934A1||2023-01-26||Yoshikane, Kiyonobu; Tsuji, Hideki|